Supported Living Services
• Teaching daily living skills in all areas of personal care, household management, and use of community resources
• Assisting with needed medical and dental care
• Providing mobility training for getting around in the community and using public transportation
• Linkage of friends through community, social, and recreational activities
• Providing live-in support staff
• Locating a home of your own
Supported Employment Services
• Explore job preferences
• Participate in work try-outs
• Decide what kind of work to pursue
Finding the Job
• Contacting employers
• Assisting with resume writing
• Benefits counseling
• Assistance during the interview
Becoming Established in the Job
• Assisting with transportation
• Work station/job modifications
• Training assistance
• Ongoing workplace support
The Lifespan Respite Care Northern Network is a program through New Horizons North since November, 2000. Respite services are available in the following counties: Ashland, Bayfield, Florence, Forest, Iron, Langlade, Lincoln, Marathon, Oneida, Portage, Price, Sawyer, Taylor, Vilas and Wood.
Lifespan Respite assists caregivers in getting a break from the extraordinary demands of providing ongoing care to an individual with special needs, regardless of the age, disability or income of that individual.
These services include:
• Resource Information
• Assistance in obtaining services through referrals and coordination
• Temporary financial assistance for respite
• Registry of providers for in-home and out-of-home respite options
• Caregiver counseling
• Family and provider training opportunities
The Lifespan Respite Care Northern Network is funded through the Respite Care Association of Wisconsin (RCAW), and is also community funded.
Pam Ironside is the contact for the following counties: Ashland, Bayfield, Florence, Forest, Iron, Langlade, Lincoln, Marathon, Oneida, Portage, Price, Sawyer, Taylor, Vilas, and Wood. She can be reached at email@example.com or at 715-423-7182.
For more information on Lifespan Respite, also see: www.respitecarewi.org